-

The Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation (PAGCOR) said it has further reduced its fee rates for Electronic Games (E-Games) from 35% to 30% effective January 1, 2025 as part of efforts to combat illegal gaming operations. PAGCOR Chairman and CEO Alejandro H. Tengco said rates for E-Games operated by integrated resorts were also reduced to…
-

President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. wants the government and other stakeholders to prioritize the development of the semiconductor and electronics industry, recognizing its significant economic benefits for the country. The President met with the Private Sector Advisory Council-Education and Jobs Sector Group (PSAC-EJSG) at the Malacañan Palace on Tuesday to present updates on previous recommendations…
-

Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) Secretary Jonvic Remulla said that the Philippine National Police (PNP) had created Task Force (TF) 29 dedicated to cracking down on the 29 cops who were issued active search warrants for criminal cases in the supposed P6.7-billion drug haul in Manila in October 2022. “May task force…
-

The Department of Agriculture (DA), through the Office of the Solicitor General, has filed a motion for reconsideration with the Supreme Court to overturn a decision allowing commercial fishing vessels access to municipal waters, previously reserved for small-scale fishers under the Fisheries Code. Agriculture Secretary Francisco P. Tiu Laurel Jr. made the disclosure during a…
-

Former president Rodrigo Duterte lied about what he called missing budget amounts and discrepancies in the newly approved PhP 6.326-trillion national budget, President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. said on Monday. “He’s lying. He’s a president. He knows that you cannot pass a GAA with a blank… He’s lying,” President Marcos said when asked for his…
-

The Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Plant Industry (DA-BPI) has filed a formal complaint against Betron Consumer Goods Trading and its owner, Ronnel Manalang, for smuggling fresh carrots and yellow onions through the Port of Subic. The complaint, submitted to the Olongapo City Prosecutor’s Office, accuses Betron of violating the Food Safety Act and the…
-

President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. is considering extending the term of Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief P/Gen. Rommel Francisco Marbil as the nation approaches the 2025 election period. Speaking at the Tesla Center launch in Taguig on Monday, President Marcos acknowledged the importance of leadership stability within the PNP during a critical election season. “So,…
-

President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. supported a proposal of the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) to adopt an earlier work schedule for government offices to ease traffic congestion ahead of the planned EDSA rehabilitation this year. “Well we’re studying. If it works, we’ll do it,” President Marcos said on the sidelines of the Tesla Center…
-

The Department of Agriculture (DA) assured the public of much lower food prices in the coming months as a result of multiple factors affecting food production and supply. Agriculture Assistant Secretary Arnel de Mesa told a news forum in Quezon City on Saturday that the DA expects the prices of rice, pork and fish to…
