• PBBM SEEKS JUDICIOUS, COURAGEOUS, FAIR OMBUDSMAN

    President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. wants the next Ombudsman to be judicious, courageous, and fair, a Palace official said on Tuesday. In a press briefing, Presidential Communications Office Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro was asked about the President’s preference for the successor of Ombudsman Samuel R. Martires, whose term ends on July 27,…

    Read more

  • FILIPINO SEAFARERS HAVE RIGHTS TO REFUSE SAILING THROUGH ‘HIG-RISK, WAR-LIKE’ AREAS

    Filipino seafarers were urged to exercise their right to refuse sailing in ‘high-risk, war-like’ areas, particularly traversing the Red Sea and Gulf of Aden in light of the latest attacks of Houthi rebels in the said danger zone. Migrant Workers Secretary Hans Leo J. Cacdac in a press briefing on Tuesday reminded Filipino seafarers of…

    Read more

  • PALACE WELCOMES 20-YEAR HIGH LABOR FORCE PARTICIPATION; 1.5M MORE FILIPINOS JOIN WORKFORCE

    The Philippines has recorded a high labor force participation rate this year, reflecting a large percentage of working-age Filipinos—15 years old and above—who are either employed or actively seeking work. As President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. committed to providing more jobs for Filipinos, the country recorded a higher labor force participation rate (LFPR) of 65.8…

    Read more

  • 17 FILIPINO SEAFARERS, 2 MORE ESCASPE ARMED ATTACK

    Seventeen (17) Filipino seafarers and two other crew members on board a bulk carrier are now safe from harm after escaping an armed attack by alleged Houthi rebels on their ship while they were sailing in the Red Sea near Hodeidah, Yemen on July 6, 2025. In his report to President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr.,…

    Read more

  • PALACE: DOH HAS SUFFICIENT FUNDS TO PAY PRIVATE HOSPITALS’ CLAIMS

    Malacañang assured on Monday that the Department of Health (DOH) has enough funds to settle the claims of private hospitals for services and treatments provided to indigent patients. Presidential Communications Office Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro clarified reports that some health facilities have stopped accepting government guarantee letters covering the hospital bills of…

    Read more

  • PBBM ORDERS SWIFT RELIEF FOR THOUSANDS OF ZAMBOANGA CITY FLASH FLOOD VICTIMS

    President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. has ordered the swift delivery of relief assistance to thousands of residents affected by flash floods in Zamboanga City over the weekend. In a Palace press briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro announced that the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) has…

    Read more

  • PBBM ADMINISTRATION TAMES FOOD INFLATION, BRINGS RICE PRICES DOWN

    President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. has made significant progress in bringing down food prices, with food inflation easing considerably and rice becoming more affordable. In a Palace press briefing on Monday, Presidential Communications Office Undersecretary and Palace Press Officer Claire Castro said the Marcos administration has made significant progress in lowering food prices, citing a…

    Read more

  • DOJ SECRETARY LEADS TURN OVER OF THE NEW BUREAU OF IMMIGRATION WARDEN’S FACILITY

    The Bureau of Corrections (BuCor), through the leadership of DIRECTOR GENERAL GREGORIO PIO P CATAPANG JR., AFP (Ret.), officially turned over the newly established Bureau of Immigration Warden’s Facility (BIWF) to Bureau of Immigration (BI) COMMISSIONER JOEL ANTHONY VIADO in a formal ceremony held on 04 July 2025 within the New Bilibid Prison (NBP) Reservation…

    Read more

  • OFW IN KSA ASSURED OF SUSTAINED ASSISTANCE, SUPPORT

    Overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia were assured of sustained assistance and support following the visit of Migrant Workers Secretary Hans Leo J. Cacdac last week. In line with the directive of President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. to ensure the protection and welfare of OFWs, the visit aimed to strengthen government’s…

    Read more

  • PBBM ASSURES FARMERS WON’T BE FORCED TO SELL THEIR PALAY AT A LOSS

    President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. assured Filipino farmers that they would not be forced to sell palay at a loss, as the government will continue to purchase palay at fair prices, regardless of the market cost of rice, under his administration’s Benteng Bigas Meron Na program. President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. on Sunday dispelled speculations from…

    Read more